Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Obese Hematite

Today I went to the sea. Again. And to a different beach. Again. And I found something new. Again.


Yes, today I found a rock that had a weight problem. I was normaly swimming with my goggles when suddenly, a strange rock caught my eye. It was not like any other rock because it was fat. And it bulged. 


Fat rock angle #1

Fat rock angle #2

So being the average me I took it home. Where I e-mailed pictures of it to a geologist. That I found on the internet. After a few (four) hours of eagerly waiting, I received an email. From the geoloman. I was expecting that I found a priceless gem. He said it was quartz. Infested with iron. Hematite as he called it. One Wikipedia searching minute later I found out it was  Fe2O3. Or a more fancy cousin of rust. 


By God, that's fat. 
At least it was still fat and bulging rust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment